Together with Lineas and the other project partners, essenscia, the Belgian federation for the chemical and life sciences industry, is proud to present the pioneering railroad solutions of the European LessThanWagonLoad–project, funded by the European Commission.
We gladly invite you to a dedicated seminar ‘Accelerating Railroad Transport in the Chemical Industry’ in BluePoint Antwerp on March 26 between 9h and 13h.
The objective of the LessThanWagonLoad-project was to develop a rail transport solution for ‘less than wagon load’ volumes and to study the feasibility and the added value of specialised railroad hubs around chemical industry clusters in order to shift transport volumes from road to rail freight.
The participating organisations of the European Commission funded project on ‘LessThanWagonLoad’ gladly invite you to the project’s closing event during which the key findings of the research will be presented. A prototype of the Automated Wagon Load System (AWLS) will be launched and interesting insights from the project partners, the industry and political stakeholders will be shared.
- 09h00: Welcome
- 09h45: Opening Speech, Geert Pauwels, ceo Lineas
- 10h00: Key findings and results of the LessThanWagonLoad-study, Janis Reisch, Project Coordinator Transcare
- 10h30: Demo of the Automated Wagon Loading System (AWLS) prototype
- 10h40: European perspective on digitisation and innovation in the railroad industry, Giorgio Travaini, Head of Research & Innovation Shift2Rail
- 11h00: Panel debate: An industrial vision on railroad transport
- William Moyersoen, ceo ArcelorMittal Logistics
- Geert Pauwels, ceo Lineas
- Tom Van Puijm, Manager Surface Distribution, BASF Antwerp
- Nils van Vliet, ceo Railport Antwerp
- 11h35: A political view on accelerating railroad transport
- 11u50: Closing remarks, Yves Verschueren, Managing Director essenscia
- 12h00: Lunch + networking
- 13h30: End