Are you curious to learn more about the increasing circularity of plastics, the latest recycling techniques and the latest developments in plastics processing?
Join the 3rd edition of the Belgian Plastics Day at BluePoint Brussels ! This event is organised by essenscia PolyMatters in collaboration with Agoria.
The aim of the plenary session of the 2021 edition of the Belgian Plastics Day is threefold: showcasing our member companies investing already in the circular economy, inspiring fellow companies on the use of circular plastics and presenting to our stakeholders how the sector is creating a circular and sustainable future for plastics.
The debate on the future of plastics will answer the questions from downstream users of plastics to the plastics sector on the role of plastics in the future.
9:00 – 9:30 : Welcome
9:30 – 15:30 : Plenary session (with lunch break 12:30 – 13:20 )
- An interview with PlasticsEurope Belgium and OVAM will update you on the progress of the Operation Clean Sweep programme, a voluntary commitment of the plastic value chain to prevent accidental pellet losses.
- The Belgian plastic converting industry already embraces the circular economy. Companies active in various applications ranging from packaging to building and construction or even leisure are already today using recycled materials. In other words, circular plastics in action ! Come and discover the stories of Segers&Balcaen, NMC, Reprocover and Samsonite.
- Innovation is the key to succes to make plastics even more circular. Looking at alternative sources, alternative technologies or new product designs, our member companies Recticel, TotalEnergies, Deceuninck and United Caps will inspire you with their innovations and visions for the future.
- Finally, the last set of presentations will elaborate on the importance of the development of tools and technologies to track, trace and sort materials along the value chain and at the end of live, with presentations of Valipac, Tracimat, ChemChain and the HolyGrail 2.0 project.
- In the debate on the future of plastics, Agoria, Catalisti-Moonshot, essenscia and Sirris will answer the questions from downstream users of plastics to the plastics sector on the role of plastics in the future.
- Take away message from the Minister Borsus (tbc) and Minister Crevits (tbc)
15:30 – 17:00 : Matchmaking event : an opportunity to meet with your business an innovation partners
In the interest of everyone’s health, we follow the corona measures in force and the Covid Safe Ticket is mandatory for access to this event.
Coffee breaks and light lunch are foreseen