For those responsible for REACH registrations and updating your dossiers, you have undoubtfully heard of the ambitious Action plan of Cefic!
The Action plan was launched in June 2019 to help its members proactively review and update data were relevant. Companies can sign a Declaration of Intend where they express their intent to re-evaluate their dossiers and to provide further information, where appropriate. This in response to the conclusion of ECHA that many dossiers require additional information. The goal is to achieve better alignment between ECHA’s expectations and industry.
This Vlarip session is a dedicated workshop on the challenges when facing dossier updates: Cefic will share a brief update from their workshop, key take-outs and tools available. Followed by a summary on the revision of completeness checks. Later on experts will zoom in on the new dossier requirements for nano-materials together with practical examples; bring an interesting on-going case with read-across; and discuss challenges when updating chemical safety reports.
The complete session will be held in English.
- Introduction and Anti-trust reminder (13:30-13:35)
- REACH dossier improvement action plan (Mariana Fernandes de Barros, Cefic) (13:35-14:10)
· Short recap of the Cefic’s Action Plan for Review/Improvement of Registration Dossiers
· Implementation of the Cefic’ s Action Plan
· Summary and key take-out workshop with Cefic-ECHA 29th nov
· Tools available
· Pilot project
· Mapping of the chemical universe
· Update REACH Annexes VI to XI
· Article 22 dossier updates
- Revision of completeness check, what has changed (Cindy Vandecasteele, essenscia) (14:10-14:20)
- REACH nano-dossier adventures
- Requirements for nano compounds: Boundary compositions, substance ID (Nele Deleebeeck, Arcadis) (14:20-14:35)
- Testimony of the practical challenges (Antoinette de Groot, Solvay) (14:35-14:50)
- Break (14:50-15:00)
- Read-across challenges (Karen Smet, Ineos) (15:00-15:20)
- Testimony of an ongoing case
- CSR’s (Tine Vandenbrouck, Apeiron) (15:20-16:00)
- Hurdles and were to improve
- Q & A
Programma workshops 2020:
- 26/03/2020, Gent: Melding Belgisch antigifcentrum en opvolging geharmoniseerde notificatie
- 23/04/2020, Brussel: REACH implementatie wereldwijd
- 28/05/2020, Mechelen: REACH handhaving en inspecties
- 24/09/2020, Brussel: REACH autorisatie, restrictive & SVHC communicatie in de toeleveringsketen
- 22/10/2020, Mechelen: Werken met chemische stoffen in de praktijk
- 19/11/2020, Gent: Aandachtspunten kwaliteit veiligheidsinformatieblad
- 10/12/2020, Mechelen: Uitgebreid veiligheidsinformatieblad voor mengsels