Belgian Plastics Day – Future-proof plastics
Agoria and essenscia PolyMatters are inviting you to the 4th edition of the Belgian Plastics Day on Thursday 27 October. This half day event will take place at BluePoint Brussels and will be an inspiring showcase of some of the latest innovations to future-proof our plastics sector.
As usual, there will also be plenty of opportunities for networking across the value chain.
Why talk about future-proof plastics today?
Because times are tough! Let’s face it. The corona pandemic was not completely over and the geopolitical issues led to skyrocketing inflation and energy prices increasing the pressure on our economy and on so many companies in the plastics industry.
But amid all these challenges, our plastics companies are transitioning in line with the European Green Deal. They are embracing the circular economy as an opportunity to strengthen their businesses, using digitalization and innovation as key enablers.
A subject well worth exploring during the Belgian Plastics Day 2022.
- 13:00: Welcome
- 13:30: Setting the scene by Kevin Poelmans, business group leader plastics and composites at Agoria and Saskia Walraedt, director essenscia PolyMatters
- Key lecture by Prof. Dr Filip Du Prez, UGent, How to make thermosets future-proof bulk materials?
- Covestro: « Are Blockchain-Based Systems the Foundation for Circular Economy?” by John Fox, Global Project Manager, Digital R&D
- Amcor: « Flexible packaging and circularity: how innovation is moving the needle? » by Pieter Cools, Sr. Research Engineer,
- Q&A + Network break
- AMS Belgium, Robotics: Johan Potargent – “Right-weight parts out of biopolymer recyclable plastics”
- Econcore: Jef Delbroek – “RPET honeycomb core development »
- Conclusions and wrap up by Kevin Poelmans, business group leader plastics and composites at Agoria and Saskia Walraedt, director essenscia PolyMatters
- Network reception & matchmaking event
- 18:00: End
Looking forward to welcome you!
The team of the Belgian Plastics Day 2022
Saskia Walraedt Kevin Poelmans
essenscia PolyMatters – Director Agoria – Business Group Leader Manufacturing