Denuo and essenscia PolyMatters kindly invite you on Tuesday 27 September 2022 for their third Plastic Matters event at BluePoint Brussels.
The focus of this edition is automotive. We will not only look into the recycling of plastics from automotive but also the use of recycled plastics into automotive applications. Representatives of the various parties in the plastics value chain will share their insights : the management body for end-of-life vehicles, the European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EURIC), recycling companies specialised in the recycling of end-of-life vehicles, suppliers to the automotive industry and the automotive industry itself. We also want to collect your views during a brainstorming session to generate new ideas to promote the circularity of cars.
Members of Denuo and essenscia PolyMatters are welcome to attend this free networking event.
The language of communication during this event is English.
12.30: Registration and light meal
13.00: Start Plastic Matters-event
- Welcome and Introduction (Inge Dewitte, Advisor Plastic Recycling, Denuo & Saskia Walraedt, Director essenscia/Polymatters)
- Review previous Plastic Matters event (Geert D’Haese, Senior Advisor Building & Construction, essenscia Polymatters)
- “Recycled plastic at Renault Group : Current situation and future” (Gabrielle Gauge, Specialist green polymers, Renault Group)
- Circularity of the Belgian Plastic Industry, presentation of the results of the study carried out on behalf of Agoria and essenscia (Saskia Walraedt, Director essenscia/Polymatters)
- Recycling of ELV’s today: Processflow (Catherine Lenaerts, Director Febelauto)
- Life PlasPLUS – Recycling of high-quality secondary thermoplastics and critical raw materials coming from mixed Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (“WEEE”) and End of Life Vehicles (“ELV”) (Pierre Fiasse, European Funding Coordinator, Groupe Comet)
- “After 25 years of experience and over 400.000 tons issued from post shredder plastics recycling and compounding, what is the current state of play but also opportunities and challenges “? (Joost Schollaert, General Manager Galloo Plastics)
- Why the future legislation for End-of-Life Vehicles might be the best thing for plastic circularity (Alejandro Navazas, Scientific Officer, European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC))
- “Building a better circle for automotive plastic materials” (Peter Roose, Director advanced interlayers technology, Eastman)
14.30: Coffee break
16.00: wrap up and closure