Yves Verscheuren has been Managing Director of essenscia since September 2007. Since 2016, he has been Chairman of the European Chemical Employers Group (ECEG) and, since 2018, of AFEM, the European association of national chemical federations. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Federation of Enterprises (FEB) in Belgium and of Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council.
After studying law and economics at the Catholic University of Leuven, Yves Verscheuren began his career at Unilever. He worked as Senior Vice President, Home Care, for Unilever Europe in Belgium, Switzerland, Zimbabwe, and Italy, before becoming CEO of Unilever Belgium.
Hans Casier took over from Wouter de Geest as President of essenscia in October 2018. Hans Casier is CEO of INEOS Phenol, the global market leader in phenol and acetone. It employs around 600 people at production sites in Belgium, Germany, and the United States. He is also CEO of INEOS Nitriles, which has 900 employees worldwide.
After studying chemistry and agricultural science and industrial management at the universities of Ghent and Leuven, Hans Casier began working at BP Chemicals in Zwijndrecht, a production site that was acquired by the chemical company INEOS in 1998. In 2005, Casier became CEO of INEOS Oxide. He has held his position at INEOS Phenol since 2014 and became CEO of INEOS Nitriles at the end of 2019.
- Luc Delagaye, President – Agfa Materials, President essenscia vlaanderen
- Pierre Dorignaux,Head of “Factories of the future” – Takeda, President essenscia wallonie
- Paul Deschrijver, Country Manager Belgium – Solvay, President essenscia brussels
- Wim Michiels, Managing Director – Proviron, Chairman of the essenscia SME Committee
Members of the Governing Body
- Coralie Boulez , Chembo Bevil
- Frédéric-Charles Bourseaux, Kabelwerk Eupen
- Hans Casier, INEOS Phenol & INEOS Nitriles
- Christophe De Cannière, Caldic Belgium
- Luc Delagaye, Agfa-Gevaert
- Stefaan Depecker, Unil
- Paul Deschrijver, Solvay
- Pierre Dorignaux, Takeda
- Olivier Greiner, Total Research & Technology Feluy
- Xavier Hormaechea, UCB
- Floris Mackor, Air Liquide Industries Belgium
- Wim Michiels, Proviron
- Julien Moindrot, Genzyle Flanders
- Cristelle Noirhomme, GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines
- Ivan Pelgrims, Evonik Antwerpen
- Joris Pollet, Procter & Gamble Belgium Distribution
- Jan Remeysen, BASF Antwerpen
- Lieven Seys, PPG
- Lieven Stalmans, Borealis Polymers
- Inge Van Der Meeren, ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical
- Bart Van Waeyenberge, Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Caroline Ven, Pharma.be
- Yves Verschueren, essenscia
- Georg Wagner, Covestro