The third call for large-scale projects under the Innovation Fund with a budget of EUR 3 billion for grants (and EUR 6 million for project development assistance support) has been published on 03 November. The deadline for submission is 16 March 2023.
The call for proposals document is available here.
This third call includes 4 topics, the related documents can be found on the EC Funding & tender opportunities portal:
- 2022-LSC-01 – General decarbonisation – budget: EUR 1 billion
- 2022-LSC-02 – Innovative electrification in industry and hydrogen – budget: EUR 1 billion
a) innovative electrification of industry;
b1) innovative use of hydrogen in industrial applications and/or b2) renewable hydrogen production and production of hydrogen-derived renewable fuels (i.e. renewable fuels of non-biological origin) and feedstock
- 2022-LSC-03 – Clean-tech manufacturing – budget: EUR 700 million
Scope: construction of manufacturing facilities and their operation to produce specific components for: a) renewable energy installations, including their connection to the electricity/heat grid; b) electrolysers and fuel cells; c) energy storage solutions for stationary and mobile use for intra-day and long duration storage; heat pumps
- 2022-LSC-04 – Mid-sized pilots – budget: EUR 300 million
Scope: Construction and operation of pilot projects that focus on validating, testing and optimising highly innovative, deep decarbonisation solutions in sectors eligible for Innovation Fund support. Maximum amount of Innovation Fund grant for an individual project under this topic is limited to EUR 40 million.
Dedicated Info Days will be organised on:
- 29 November, 14.00 – 16.00: lessons learned from the previous call for large-scale projects
- 30 November, 10:00 – 14:00: key features of the new call