Why a round table on chemical recycling of plastic waste ?
- Because chemical recycling is not fully understood
- Because chemical recycling offers opportunities for the Belgian economy
- Because chemical recycling is developing at high speed and the chemical and plastics industry are strongly involved
- Because chemical recycling is being discussed at a European level where member states will have to form an opinion
- Because chemical recycling offers valuable recycling solutions to maximise resource efficiency and contribute to the circular economy
Who will be invited to the round table?
All relevant political stakeholders in Belgium: members of parliament, cabinet staff of ministers, study centres of political parties and administrations, both at federal and regional level
Why should you participate?
The round table will provide participants with an in-depth insight in the various opportunities of chemical recycling, how it is complementary with mechanical recycling, the ongoing investments in innovation projects and pilot plants, the need for support in terms of recycling capacity and waste legislation, and so on.
The round table is organised by essenscia, the Belgian federation for the chemical, plastics and life sciences industry.
Round Table on Chemical Recycling for Circular Plastics
Thursday 12 March, 13h30 till 16h00
Boulevard Auguste Reyerslaan 80
A detailed program will follow soon but registration is already open.