Running a sustainable business is becoming a top priority in the years to come. To support our members engaged on the path of integrating sustainability in their core business, essenscia, with the help of Möbius, organizes a ‘members only’ exclusive sustainability immersion at Interface, a frontrunner company in sustainable business management.
At the Interface site in The Netherlands, we will share experiences on:
- The mechanics behind Interface’s sustainability strategy & goals (“Climate Take Back”)
- Developing, executing and managing a sustainability program on the long term
- Discovering the power of sustainable products, services & solutions
- How to use disruptive sustainability frameworks, like the circular economy, to grow your business
This is a unique opportunity to take a look into the kitchen of one of the global sustainability leaders and to share thoughts with like-minded peers.
Why you should come?
- Learn how Interface became the global flooring textiles leader in the US by building a sustainable business model from the core, disrupting the market
- Learn how to build the business case for sustainability in your own organization; and how to convince top management
- Increase the chances of your sustainability program meeting expectations (current 2% to 30%)
18th of November from 18:00 on: Check-in hotel & introductory session & networking dinner
19th of November from 9:00 till 17:00: Full day immersion session animated by Interface, essenscia and Möbius experts (incl. gemba walk through the production).
- Who? Board or Excom members, VP or sustainability managers
- Where? Industrielaan 15, 3925 BD Scherpenzeel, The Netherlands
- Participation fee? 600 EUR/participant for covering costs and donation to a charity selected by Interface
- Deadline for registration is 11th of November 2020. Due to limited number of participants, registration is subject to validation. You will receive a confirmation mail after validation.
- The event will be in English.
Full program of the 19th May 9:00-17:00
Sustainability vision & strategy
- Participants explain their sustainability vision & key material topics (participants)
- Introduction Interface sustainability strategy: mission ‘Climate Take Back’ (by CSR ambassador Interface)
- Discussion on key success factors of sustainability strategy definition in order for the executive team “to take it seriously” (animated by Möbius)
Sustainability in practice:
- Operations Gemba Walk (visit operations, guided tour provided by the Interface CSR ambassador)
Obstacles to sustainability strategy implementation : how can we hardwire sustainability implementation and create systems that automatically drive towards sustainability? (Möbius & Interface)
- Performance management (metrics, certification)
- Business casing
- Organizational / governance structure
- Reward system
Learning from peers in a domain of choice (max 2 topics) – To choose between when registering
- Sustainable supply chain management & purchasing OR
- Sustainable product development OR
- Sustainability in operations OR
- Sustainability in marketing / external communication
Interface key learning packages