The projects funded under this call should repurpose manufacturing for rapid production of vital medical supplies and equipment needed for testing, treatment and prevention, as well as develop medical technologies and digital tools to improve detection, surveillance and patients care. New research will learn from large groups of patients (cohorts) across Europe and better understanding of the behavioral and socio-economic impacts of the coronavirus epidemic could help improve treatment and prevention strategies.
The new call will cover five areas with the following indicative budgets:
- Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment (€23 million)
- Medical technologies, Digital tools and Artificial Intelligence analytics to improve surveillance and care at high Technology Readiness Levels (€56 million)
- Behavioural, social and economic impacts of the outbreak responses (€20 million)
- Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts (€20 million)
- Collaboration of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19 (€3 million)
The deadline for submission is 11 June 2020, while the call will focus on delivering results quickly.