Innovation is high on the agenda of the chemical industry, given that the sector is to meet a double-twin challenge. A challenge which requires the industry to transition to a green and digital Europe, as well as become circular and comply with the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability. In this light, Cefic has partnered up with the European Commission’s European Innovation Council (EIC) to co-organise a 2-day hybrid matchmaking event, bringing together over 20 of the largest chemical companies and associations and more than 70 EIC-funded startups. The event is hosted by InQbet.
Day 1: public
In an afternoon session, policymakers, academics, industry and start-ups will share their views on how to pave the way to a green and digital Europe. The agenda will allow for interactive discussions around Future Chemistry, and:
- Whether it synonymous to the EU Green Deal
- How the EIC acts as powerhouse
- How the chemical industry can help pave the way
Watch Cefic’s Director General Marco Mensink, Solvay’s CEO Ilham Kadri, and many more in action.
Day 2: Members-only*
Watch innovation emerge on day 2, as the startups will pitch their solutions in five areas that will help pave the way to a green and digital Europe:
- Health, Safety and Environment : innovative approaches and technology to address functionality of and safer and low hazard substances for a clean healthy ecosystem and environment.
- Circular Economy : Promote the transition from linear economy towards a circular economy with better use of materials, chemical recycling and alternative resources.
- Reduce and reuse CO2: New technologies that enable the transition towards carbon neutrality with, e.g. CO2 Valorisation or Power-to-X.
- Digital Transformation in the Chemical Industry: Adopt digital solutions for reducing waste, optimise production or remote operations to unlock new growth opportunities. This includes blockchain and AI solutions (e.g. digital passports) and chemicals-as-services.
- Enable green manufacturing sites: Develop innovative solutions to decrease manufacturing sites water, energy and waste footprint.
*As essenscia is a partner, also essenscia members that are not a Cefic member can register for the second day. Please indicate the tick box “via the National Association” during registration.