Seminar Patentability of living matter
|Terug naar de agenda|
Innovatie & Octrooien
In US, since its Supreme court arrest in 2013, it is more and more difficult to patent products issuing from living matter.
On October 3rd, as part of the Patent Cell of essenscia, bio.be and essenscia organize an exceptional seminar about the patentability of living matter in the US and how the US and foreign companies have adapted to these new rules.
Stasiu Nowak and George Renzoni from Christensen, O’Connor, Johnson & Kindness, a Seattle’s Premier IP law firm will provide you with an overview of the patentability requirement for living matter in the United States. The presentation will be divided into different sections:
- Background on legal framework of patent eligibility in the United States : why living matter is a hot protection topic
- Summary of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions regarding products of nature and natural phenomena : how to understand the reasoning behind the decision
- Analytical framework at the U.S. Patent Office : how examiners analyses patentability of living matter
- Practical Examples provided by the U.S. Patent Office and case study : impact of the recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions will be assessed via practical examples
- Practice tips : how to build relevant international patent application for successful prosecution in the United States as well as in Europe given by Stasiu and George as US patent attorneys and Ludivine Coulon, European patent attorney, Co-founder of Calysta, Belgian IP firm focused on Alternative and Strategic IP solutions.
The conference will be held in English.
To allow the Cabinet Christenssen O’Connor to focus its intervention on your specific concerns, don’t hesitate to communicate your issues to be handled, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12th of September.