The update takes into account the end of the transitional period for labelling mixtures according to the Dangerous Preparations Directive (DPD) and full entry into force of the CLP Regulation 1272/2008 on the 1 June 2015.
Fast-track update of the guidance limited to only
(i) Take into account the full entry into force of the CLP Regulation on the 1 June 2015 (i.e. remove the reference to the previous legislation);
(ii) (ii) Take into account the end of the transition period for labelling mixtures according to the DPD and classifying their components according to the DSD;
(iii) Remove obsolete and out of date information which is no longer relevant and would be now potentially misleading;
(iv) Reformat the document in line with the current corporate identity. In particular the update includes the following:
- Replacement of original Table of Content with new one according to ECHA guidance standard.
- Deletion of original chapter 4 on transition to CLP (and consequently re-numbering of old chapter 5 onwards); relevant information on the applicable transitional provisions have been moved to a subchapter of chapter 3 (“Implementing CLP”).
- Deletion of Figure 8.1 (in original chapter 8) because not in line with the current approach and potentially misleading.
- Restructuring and update of chapter 9 (originally 10) on relevant sources of information.
- Clarification in chapter 16 (originally chapter 17) on the requirements to update an SDS in force from 1 June 2015. Addition of the reference to the Article 31(3) of REACH as amended by CLP from 1 June 2015.
- Addition in chapter 17 (originally 18), on the notification to the C&L Inventory, of the new available option consisting in the creation of a bulk XML file containing more C&L notifications.
- Addition in chapter 18 (originally 19) of clarification that updated SDS must be provided to all recipients supplied with the substance or mixture within the preceding 12 months.
- Deletion in chapter 19 (originally 20), on alternative chemical name, of text referring to obligations in place before 1 June 2015.
- Reduction in chapter 21 (originally 22) of the information on how to submit a proposal for harmonised classification and labelling and provision of the reference to updated specific guidance.
- Addition in chapter 25 (originally 26), on SIEFs, of the possibility to contact ECHA Helpdesk to be provided with contact details of relevant SIEF members.
- Split of Annex 2 (Glossary) into abbreviations and glossary and transfer of abbreviations to a new list at the beginning of the guidance.
- Replacement throughout the document of the word “Community” with “Union” where not legal text quotation.
- Update and addition of references to relevant guidance documents and other supporting material throughout the document.
The CLP guidance v2 (July 2015) is available here For more information please contact:
Tine Cattoor, advisor Product Policy firstname.lastname@example.org
, 02 238 96 48